Postdoctoral Position - Placental Vascular Development & Maternal Cardiovascular Adaptations to Pregnancy, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
Postdoctoral Research Opportunity: Placental Vascular Development & Maternal Cardiovascular Adaptations to Pregnancy.
Location: Wallingford Lab at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, MA.
The accepted applicant will have access to superb equipment, cores, and other resources through the Tufts programs listed below. Our research is supported by the NIH, AHA, Tufts Medical Center, the Beals Goodfellow Foundation, and the Forbes Family Foundation. Dr. Wallingford also puts extensive effort into mentoring of students and postdocs, and recently won a Mentorship Seed Award from Tufts Women in Medicine and Science (WiMS).
Walligford Lab Affiliations:
- Tufts University School of Medicine (TUSM) Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- TUSM Graduate School Cell, Molecular, and Developmental Biology (CMDB) Program
- Mother Infant Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center
- Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center
- PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, or other relevant discipline.
- Extensive experience with in vitro research approaches (cell culture, primary cell isolation, genetic manipulation) AND/OR extensive in vivo research approaches with mouse models of development
- Strong interest in developing skills in both in vitro and in vivo research approaches.
- Demonstrated proficiency with scientific writing in the form of published research abstracts and manuscripts.
- Applicant also must have a passion for science and be committed to fully engaging, in a proactive manner, with their research.
- Vascular biology, vascular development, or vascular disease research approaches.
- Placenta and/or pregnancy research.
- Mouse colony management.
- Use of 3D tissue culture models.
- Training and supervising undergraduate students.
Application Instructions: Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit CV with contact information for 3 references to: email@example.com.
Last Updated 09/16/2021