Society for Developmental Biology 76th Annual Meeting
Minneapolis, MN, July 13-17, 2017
Download Abstract Late Instructions (pdf) | Submit abstract
Important Abstract Submission Details
- Late Abstract Submission Deadline: May 24, 2017 (11:59 PM EDT)
- Late Abstract withdrawal requests must be made in writing by May 24, 2017
- Include abstract ID number in request
- Full abstracts will be available online only (PDF) on the meeting website
Platform Short Talks
- SDB membership renewal will be processed immediately
- New SDB membership applications are reviewed twice monthly (middle and end of month)
- Plan ahead so not to miss the deadlines!
- Membership validation – SDB member ID and password are required for registration and abstract submission as a member. You may use your provisional SDB member ID if you have not received your approval letter yet. Retrieve SDB ID online or via email at email@example.com or phone (301-634-7815) M-F, 8:30 AM - 5 PM ET.
- NOT AVAILABLE FOR LATE ABSTRACTS
Best Student Poster Competition
- NOT AVAILABLE FOR LATE ABSTRACTS
Hilde Mangold Postdoctoral Symposium
- NOT AVAILABLE FOR LATE ABSTRACTS, except for Best Regional Postdoc presenters
Online Submission Process
- ONLY start the submission process if your abstract is ready; entries cannot be saved and returned to.
- Each author may present only one abstract as first author. If you wish to submit a 2nd first-author abstract, it must be for an Education poster, and submitted as a non-member.
- It is understood that ALL named authors have read and approved the abstract content.
- It is solely the authors' responsibility to abide by standard
regulations for animal care and use, as well as for use of human
subjects. All named authors share this responsibility and submission of the abstract confirms acceptance of this responsibility.
- Submission link: https://sdbonline.org/abstract_submission?meetingID=35
- Read all instructions carefully before completing the form.
- DO NOT copy and paste directly from your word processing program (e.g., Word). Hidden codes may disrupt your submission or increase character count.
- Save your abstract as a text file (.txt).
- Copy the plain text into the submission form.
- Reintroduce formatting (e.g., italics, symbols) using style buttons above text box.
- Select a poster theme (required for all abstracts):
- Analysis at the level of single cells
- Cell adhesion, migration and guidance
- Cell fate specification and differentiation
- Cell growth and polarity
- Cell-cell signaling
- Computation and modeling of cell and tissue behavior
- Development and evolution
- Emerging model organisms
- Functional Genomics
- Gene regulation and chromosome topology
- Genetic models of disease
- Genome editing
- Genome surveillance and non-coding RNAs
- Germ cells and gametogenesis
- Intracellular signaling pathways
- Mechanical influences on cell and tissue development
- Molecular medicine, cancer and development
- Neural development and patterning
- Patterning embryo development
- Stem cells and tissue regeneration
- Tissue Engineering
- Student and postdoctoral presenting authors must enter advisor’s
name and e-mail address. It is understood that the named advisor has
approved the abstract content.
- Review abstract on “Abstract Preview” page. Click
“Go Back to Make Edits” to make changes to abstract, authors, or
institutions. When satisfied with abstract click “Go to Payment Screen”
to complete submission. What you submit will appear “as is” in the
Meeting Program and Abstract Book.
- Payment of $50 non-refundable processing fee is required. VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover accepted.
- Submit abstract by clicking “Submit”, and wait for acknowledgment of receipt of submission.
- Save the confirmation page with the abstract ID number for future reference. Consider your abstract accepted unless otherwise notified.
- Program assignment notification will be emailed to the presenting author only.
- All late abstracts will be accepted upon submission and scheduled for poster presentations
Contact SDB office at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 301-634-7815
. Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 5 PM, US Eastern Time