- Graciela A. Unguez, New Mexico State University (Chair, ’19)
- Laura Burrus, San Francisco State University (’19)
- Michelle Juarez, City College of New York (’19)
- Caralina Marin de Evsikova, University of South Florida (’19)
- Nestor Oviedo, University of California Merced (’19)
- Nancy Schwartz, University of Chicago (’19)
- David Weisblat, University of California Berkeley (’19)
- Ida Chow (ex officio)
The guiding principle for this committee is: “Development for all' – creating an environment where anyone interested in developmental biology and related disciplines is welcomed, supported and provided equal opportunity to excel. The IOC, a standing committee with representation on the Board of Directors, will oversee the design and implementation of programs to be undertaken by the SDB that is aligned with this mission.
Goals and Objectives
- Maintain a culture within SDB that encourages and facilitates diversity and inclusion.
- Identify and dismantle barriers to entry, participation and retention within SDB.
- Work in partnership with other organizations and societies to maximize the effectiveness of inclusion and diversity initiatives in SDB and across disciplines.
- Promote training and participatory opportunities at annual SDB conferences.
- Work towards promoting greater representation and participation of individuals belonging to underrepresented groups in regional and national meetings, committees and governance processes.